International Boat Watch Incident History
Incidents, shown in descending order begin here
- 12/27/2007 S/V Alchemy
- Overdue CAPE VERDE ISLAND ENR TO ANTIGUA.
CLOSED: 01/05/2008 Pax picked up by Russian freighter SE of the Bahamas.
NOTE: Margarita, December 30, 2007 -- Sixteen Grenadian citizens who left Port of Spain, Trinidad on Thursday December
20, 2007, aboard the MV CHRISTY B on what should have been a twelve hour journey to Grenada, finally returned to
Grenada on Sunday -- not by boat, but by air. MV CHRISTY B which was carrying the passengers experienced mechanical
problems enroute to Grenada and eventually on December 24 arrived on an island five hours north of Margarita Island
known as Los Testigos after being at sea for approximately three days. After exploring several options in order to
have the shipwrecked passengers safely repatriated to Grenada, the Government of Grenada through its Embassy in Caracas,
Venezuela was able to have the passengers transported by the Venezuelan Coast Guard to Margarita Island on the evening
of December 28, 2007 where accommodation and meals were provided. On Sunday Grenada Ambassador to Venezuela Richard
Mc Phail through his Embassy ensured that tickets were purchased for the Grenadian Citizens (five females and eleven
males) and they were all able to fly back to their families in Grenada aboard ConViasa flight number 2100 which arrived
at Point Salines International Airport just after midday.
- 12/07/2007 S/V No Komis
- EPIRB activated.
CLOSED: 12/08/2007 Vessel located. All well.
- 12/04/2007 S/V Hanalei
- Overdue Mazatlan.
CLOSED: 12/07/2007 Located and all well onboard.
- 11/13/2007 S/V Celebrian
- Overdue in West Palm Beach.
CLOSED: 11/14/2007 Reported safe in Beaufort, SC.
- 09/17/2007 S/V Grainne
- Overdue Kaui to the Marshall's.
CLOSED: 09/20/2007 S/Y Grainne arrived safely in Majuro.
- 09/10/2007 F/V ARIADNE OMAR
CLOSED: 09/11/2007 F/V ARIADNE OMAR located.
- 08/23/2007 The ISLAND WOMAN's owner has been located in Vancouver Canada.
- 07/19/2007 The LEALEA has been found safe. They are currently off the coast of Washington State inbound to Neah Bay.
- 06/30/2007 Triumph of Hope
- Overdue Venezuela.
CLOSED: 07/07/2007 Everyone reported well onboard.
- 06/27/2007 S/V Charisma
- EPIRB activated on the 25th.
CLOSED: 06/28/2007 POB located safe. Boat was lost.
- 06/07/2007 S/V Paragon
- Overdue Culebra to Florida.
CLOSED: 06/09/2007 Paragon located Norfolk, VA.
- 06/06/2007 S/V Moonshadow
CLOSED: 06/08/2007 Vessel located Atuona, Hiva Oa. All well onboard.
- 06/04/2007 S/V Relax
- Urgent message.
CLOSED: Message delivered. Relatives will be contacted.
- 05/31/2007 S/V Lady Ann
CLOSED: 06/01/2007 Lady Ann located in Great Harbor by CG. Relatives contacted.
- 05/17/2007 BANANA SPLIT
- Overdue Bahamas.
- 05/14/2007 S/V Odyssey
CLOSED: 05/15/2007 Odyssey located Anguilla and is headed back to St Maarten this morning. All is well on board.
- 05/09/2007 S/V Free Spirit
CLOSED: 05/10/2007 Free Spirit arrived Hiva Oa. Contacted relatives.
- 05/08/2007 M/V Song of San Francisco
CLOSED: 05/09/2007 Located in Guatemala. Relatives contacted.
- 05/06/2007 S/V Leila
CLOSED: 05/07/2007 Located between Bonaire and Trinidad.
- 04/19/2007 S/V Winter Wind
CLOSED: Located and notified to phone home.
- 04/06/2007 S/V Johannas
- Overdue. Report to Al Whittmore 401-965-1284 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 03/28/2007 M/V Bella
- Missing (unreported) Baja, California.
CLOSED: Contacted 03/29/2007. All okay.
- 03/07/2007 S/V Tenacious
- Report to Richard Mogford 650-604-1922, 659-743-4417 or email@example.com.
- 02/28/2007 S/V Colros
- Overdue. Report to Barbara Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org,310-745-4660 or 310-440-7118.
- 01/28/2007 S/V AMISTAD
- Overdue Acapulco to Panama Canal.
CLOSED: Located Costa Rica 01/29/2007, all okay.