International Boat Watch Incident History
Incidents, shown in descending order begin here
- 12/21/2006 S/V Horizon
- Overdue Caracou to SanBlas
CLOSED: Reported safe 12/22/2006
- 12/14/2006 S/V Theophelus
- Overdue San Diego to Puerto Vallarta.
CLOSED: Reported OK 12/15/2006
- 12/08/2006 S/V ANU
- Reported overdue Puerto Vallarta, Mex.
CLOSED: Located within 2 hours of our broadcast. All okay on board.
- 11/27/2006 S/V Papillon
- Coast Guard Puerto Rico requested assistance to contact or locate the reported overdue vessel from British Virgin Islands to St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands.
CLOSED: Vessel was located 11/28/2006 at Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands. All is okay.
- 10/23/2006 S/V Vavitu
- Reported missing or overdue in South Pacific.
CLOSED: Incident closed 11/22/2006 with no word on the missing vessel.
- 09/16/2006 S/V Zen
- Reported overdue Hawaii to Soloman islands.
CLOSED: Reported OKAY 09/18/2006.
UPDATE: 10/17/2006 provides additional information that the vessel has been found by a fishing boat and was drifting
NW of Fiji after not arriving at Guadalcanal. Vessel was dismasted and nobody was aboard. The sole occupant is missing
and presumed dead.
- 06/21/2006 S/V SN Mermaid
- Was reported overdue last known to be near Venezuela.
CLOSED: Vessel contacted via marine SSB 06/22/2006, all okay.
- 04/21/2006 S/V Sing Sing
- Ovedue Canary Island to Senegal, Africa.
CLOSED: Closed 04/27/2006 with following testimonial:
"Sing Sing is safe in Morocco Harbour where they had to sail due to engine failure. A walker noticed the boat and asked the guy if he was the one all SSB and Internet was looking for".
- 03/09/2006 S/V Saudade Du Mar
- Overdue St Maarten to Antigua.
CLOSED: reported safe 03/12/2006
- 2/07/2006 S/V Cloe
- Overdue from Havana, Cuba to Isla Mujeres, Mexico.
CLOSED: Closed 03/09/2006 with no resolution.