Various Maritime Nets
International Boat Watch Incident History
Incidents, shown in descending order begin here
- 11/07/2005 S/V True Companions
- Overdue north coast Venezuela.
CLOSED: Contacted 11/08/2005 all safe in port.
- 10/08/2005 S/V Minerva
- Not heard from in two weeks.
CLOSED: Contacted in home port, 10/10/2005, all okay on board.
- 09/05/2005 S/V Banta
- Overdue Guadeloupe to Venezuela.
CLOSED: Contacted 09/08/2005
- 09/03/2005 Motor Vessel CHECHI
- Over due Panama Canal to La Paz, Mexico.
CLOSED: Located 09/05/2005. All okay.
- 08/03/2005 Fishing Vessel King Fisher
- Missing off Pacific side of Costa Rica.
CLOSED: Search suspended 08/09/2005 after no sign of the vessel.
- 07/30/2005 S/V Ultimate
- Alaskan waters, urgent message to call home.
CLOSED: Contacted same day.
- 07/06/2005 S/V JAVA
- New Zealand to Tahiti. Urgent message to call home.
CLOSED: Message delivered 07/08/2005.
- 07/01/2005 S/V Barbarella
- Possibly in distress after EPIRB activations, west of Galapagos.
CLOSED: Vessel reported all is well 07/02/2005.
- 06/29/2005 Chinese Junk "Chi Lin"
- Overdue London, England to Panama Canal Zone.
CLOSED: Contacted 07/02/2005, all is well.
- 06/20/2005 S/V Tortuga
- Martinique to Florida.
CLOSED: Reported safe on 06/21/2005
- 06/06/2005 S/V Fire Water
- Overdue Hilo, Hawaii to British Columbia.
CLOSED: Contacted 06/10/2005, all is well, just slow going.
- 06/04/2005 S/V FENG SHUI
- Overdue La Paz, Mexico to Maui, Hawaii.
CLOSED: Contacted 6/05/2005 safe in Maui.
- 06/01/2005 S/V Sanctuary
- Believed near Cuba, skipper to call home for urgent message.
CLOSED: Closed 06/092005, no reply
- 05/31/2005 S/V Tristan
- Overdue Dakar to Canary Islands.
CLOSED: Contacted 06/11/2005...all okay on board.
- 05/26/2005 S/V Mouton Noir
- Overdue, South Pacific.
CLOSED: Located and contactd 05/26/2005. All okay on board.
- 05/26/2005 M/V Major C's
- Urgent message, US West Coast.
CLOSED: Contacted within 3 hours, message delivered.
- 04/20/2005 S/V Sea Child
- Overdue Ensenada, Mexico to Cabo San Lucas.
CLOSED: Reported safe 04/21/2005
- 04/17/2005 S/V Arcadia
- Overdue Canary Islands to Windward Islands.
CLOSED: Reported safe in St. Lucia, 04/18/2005
- 04/08/2005 S/V Sylvia
- Overdue San Diego to La Paz, Mexico.
CLOSED: Located 04/10/2005
- 04/05/2005 S/V Athanor
- France to Hawaii, no word since November, 2004.
CLOSED: Watch called off 05/17/2005
- 03/25/2005 S/V Rusalak
- Cabo San Lucas area. Urgent message.
CLOSED: Contacted within 12 hours, phoned home.
- 03/08/2005 S/V Sara III
- Overdue Martinique to Canary Islands. Last contacted December 2004.
CLOSED: Watch called off 02/17/2005
- 03/01/2005 S/V Quartet
- 2 POB in Abacos, Bahamas, need to urgently call home.
CLOSED: Contacted 03/03/2005.
- 02/16/2005 S/V Betong
- Overdue Cape Verde to Dakar, Senegal.
CLOSED: Contacted 02/21/05. All is well.
- 02/09/2005 S/V Krisnic
- Overdue from Canary Islands to Trinidad
CLOSED: Reported safely arrived 02/12/05
- 01/29/2005 S/V Dollfin
- Stollen from mooring in Puerto Rico.
CLOSED: 03/12 gave up search.
- 01/21/2005 S/V Sea Kardinal
- CLOSED: Located in Balboa within hours of our request to pass an urgent message.
- 01/21/2005 S/V Paradise
- Overdue Trinidad to Europe. Last contact April 2004.
CLOSED: Watch called off 02/15/2005
- 01/13/2005 S/V LE SPHINX
- Overdue Royan, France to Casamance, Senegal.
CLOSED: Official search abandoned by French Government. Incident closed 03/12/2005 with no positive sign of vessel or crew.
- 01/11/2005 S/V Marsal
- Overdue Trinidad to St Maarten.
CLOSED: 01/26/2005 we have been notified the vessel was found washed on shore in Venezuela with no sign of the single person on board.
- 11/22/2004 S/V Helena
- Overdue Trinidad to Brazil.
CLOSED: Search given up, 03/12/05