Various Maritime Nets
International Boat Watch Incident History
Incidents, shown in descending order begin here
- 10/31/02 S/V Suez
- Fiji to New Zealand, Health and Welfare message.
CLOSED: Contacted 11/02/2002
- 10/26/02 S/V Banshee
- Overdue Hermit Islands
CLOSED: Located 10/27/2002 badly damaged but 2 POB OK
- 10/22/02 S/V Eddy
- Overdue near Spain.
- 10/10/02 S/V Rondezvous
- H&W message
CLOSED: Contacted 10/14/2002 in San Diego.
(Note: this appears to be related to incident of same vessel name on 09/02, but is separate incident involving
Skipper's mother in failing health. Minor discrepancy in spelling of boat name, but believed to the same boat.)
- 09/09/02 S/V Love
- Overdue Australia to Hawaii
CLOSED: Search called off 10/29/2002 (no contact)
- 09/06/02 S/V Hukuna Matata
- South Pacific, located 09/12/2002 (now a police matter).
UPDATE: As of 10/09 we are opening this incident as a request to locate the remains of one victim. Incident ultimately closed, unsolved.
- 09/02/02 S/V Rondevous
- H&W message
CLOSED: Contacted 09/06/2002 west coast of Mexico
- 08/20/02 S/V Aries
- H&W message
CLOSED: Boat and crew located 08/21/2002 in Mexico
- 08/19/02 S/V Sai-Baba
- Overdue Marquesas to Tahiti.
CLOSED: Located safe in Tahiti, 08/20/2002
- 08/15/02 S/V Carino
- "runaway yacht" after crew fell overboard, St Lucia.
CLOSED: Boat located 08/21/2002 (crew saved by passing vessel)
- 08/14/02 S/V Idle Queen, overdue Japan to Washington State.
- CLOSED: Located. Contacted 08/31/2002 1300 milesout of San Francisco. Everything okay on board
- 07/26/02 S/V Lady Angel
- CLOSED: Located Aruba 07/28/2002 after 2 week layup for engine repairs
- 07/01/02 M/V Katro
- Fishing near Bimini
CLOSED: Search called off by CG Miami, 07/03/2002
- 06/27/02 S/V Morning Star
- En route Puerto Rico to Florida.
CLOSED: Located in Bahamas 06/28/2002
- 06/16/02 S/V Grafitti
- Antiqua to Tortola
CLOSED: Located Tobago Keys, within 4 hours, same day.
- 06/10/02 S/V Nepenthe
- CLOSED: Located Hermit Island, 06/18/2002
- 06/06/02 S/V Sweet Sixteen
- Overdue Galapagos to New Zealand.
CLOSED: Located Marquasas, 07/28/2002
- 06/04/02 S/V Patricia Bell
- Mexico to Hawaii
CLOSED: Located/contacted 06/09/2002 approaching Hawaii
- 05/28/02 S/V Steppenwolf (renamed Timshel?)
- New Zealand
UPDATE: Closed 06/14/2004 as unsolved
- 04/16/02 S/V Alouette De Mer
- CLOSED: Located West Coast of Mexico within 3 hours, same day.
While no direct contact was made this day with the crew, we provided to the worried family members the hotel, room,
and phone number where crew was lodging while boat being repaired.
- 03/31/02 S/V Cruise-N-Time
- Someplace along Pacific Coast of Central America.
CLOSED: Contacted, urgent message delivered same day.
- 03/28/02 6 vessels Indian Ocean
- CLOSED: Located and contacted 03/29/2002 (Austrailian Authorities)
- 03/11/02 S/V Rainbow Chaser
- Near New Zealand
CLOSED: Located 03/12/2002 in Marina (New Zealand)
- 03/07/02 S/V Uchi Mata
- CLOSED: Located Nassau, Bahamas, 03/08/2002
- 02/28/02 S/V Pieces of Eight
- CLOSED: Located west coast of Mexico, same day
- 02/08/02 S/V October
- Georgetown to Long Island, Bahamas
CLOSED: Located 02/09/2002
- 02/07/02 S/V Sojourner
- Near Trinidad.
CLOSED: Located same day in Trinidad
- 01/29/02 S/V Manx
- Canary Island to Miami
CLOSED: Safe in Miami 02/03/2002
- 01/29/02 S/V Pendragon
- Urgent Message, Cuba to Yucatan
CLOSED: Contacted 02/02/2002, Cancun
- 01/22/02 S/V Aguila
- Overdue Nassau to Caymans.
CLOSED: Located 0700, 01/23/2002 in Provo